Trashy TV fan (shh).
Crazy cat lady.
Cookie baking champ.
My name is Megan and I have over 9 years of experience helping clients show-off who they are both in print and on the web. I’ve worked in IT, at a full-service creative agency, and as an enterprise UI/UX designer. This has given me the opportunity to work with over 100 unique clients including FedEx, PWSA, and MSA.
I love using what I’ve learned to help small businesses grow their brands and get the attention they deserve in a way that is economical and sustainable.
Freelance UI/UX Design and Front-End Development (January 2013 – Present)
Enterprise User Experience Interaction Designer at FedEx (July 2019 – June 2020)
I completed an 11 month contract as a UI/UX Designer on the Operational Mobility and Common Services team at FedEx. This team creates design systems and applications to be used at an enterprise level across seven value streams.
My role included:
- Executing a design thinking process in an agile environment to solve design challenges
- Using user centered design principles and research techniques to define and design enterprise applications
- Driving continuous user experience and product improvement through usability testing
- Helping to prioritize business needs and identify ROI for application enhancements
- Defining and implementing UI patterns through brand standards and attention to detail
Senior Designer at Shift Collaborative (January 2017 – July 2019)
Shift Collaborative is a creative agency in East Liberty. At Shift, a team of writers, designers, developers, marketers, and PR professionals work together to solve communication challenges for their clients. The work that I did encompassed UX design, visual design, and front-end development.
My role included:
- Executing discovery methods to understand and collaborate with clients, stakeholders, and users through brand audits, SEO audits, research, interviews, design thinking, and interactive brainstorming sessions
- Ideating through sitemaps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes to communicate and test ideas
- Digital design of websites, ads, signage, landing pages, email campaigns, and social media graphics
- Front-end development, testing, and management of fully-responsive websites, email campaigns, and landing pages
- Brand, campaign, and logo design
- Print design including flyers, billboards, posters, postcards, folders, business cards, letterheads, pens, style guides, envelopes, tradeshow booths, brochures, annual reports, notebooks, stickers, infographics, signage, shirts, pins, and more
- Hosting management including routine plugin and theme updates, website content updates, SSL certificate installation, PHP upgrades, client support through Zendesk, and site migration
Creative Services Lead at Sierra Experts (May 2012 – December 2016)
I worked as Creative Services Lead for Sierra Experts, a remote IT company, and its three sister companies, for five years. My role included work in the following areas:
Websites: I designed, developed, and performed maintenance on websites for the Sierra Companies, consisting of three sister companies, and its customers. When working on customer projects, I was involved in every part of the process, including initial sales meetings, scoping the project, designing mockups, front-end development, QA testing, and customer communication.
HTML Emails: I designed and developed HTML emails for the Sierra Companies. I have hands-on experience, both executing and overseeing the full process, including designing the mockup, developing the code, cross-browser and platform testing, sending campaigns, evaluating analytics, and the occasional content generation. I have in-depth knowledge of both Mailchimp, a popular campaign manager, and Mautic, an open source marketing automation tool.
Social Media: I worked with a Marketing Team to manage the social media accounts, such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and LinkedIn, for the Sierra Companies. While my primary responsibilities were providing blog, post, and profile graphics, I also helped create content and social media calendars.
In-House Design: I oversaw all in-house design needs for the Sierra Companies, including a full rebrand from Sierra w/o Wires to Sierra Experts, and the creation of items such as marketing slicks, folders, vehicle decals, screen printed shirts, advertisements, table displays, letterheads, tradeshow booths, and business cards.
Designer for Marietta City School’s Outreach Program (September 2011 – May 2012)
Responsibilities included copy writing and design for a logo, presentation, and online brochure to open lines of communication between the school district, community, and local businesses.
343 Wrapz and Graphix (June 2011 – August 2011)
Designed a variety of t-shirts, signs, stickers, and motocross bike kits.
Clients I’ve Worked With
- Marietta College is a private liberal arts college in Marietta, Ohio. It was ranked 8th in the Midwest in the 2018 U.S. News & World Report survey.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design and Minor in Studio Art, May 2012
- Summa Cum Laude, 2008 – 2012
Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adobe XD
- Media Encoder
- Angular Material
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Sublime Text 2
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Suite
Hosting & Support
- Arvixe Hosting
- DNS Made Easy
- WPEngine Hosting
Marketing & CMS
- Constant Contact
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Wild Apricot
I’ve earned the following Google Ads certificates:
- Measurement Certification
- App Certification
- Display Certification
- Search Certification
- Shopping Certification
I’ve earned the following certificates through courses with the Interaction Design Foundation at the “Top 10% in Class” level:
- Accessibility: How to Design for All
- Become a UX Designer from Scratch
- Design Thinking
- Emotional Design
- Mobile User Experience (UX) Design
- UI Design Patterns for Successful Software
- User Experience: The Beginner’s Guide
- User Research: Methods and Best Practices
- UX Management: Strategy and Tactics
- Interaction Design Foundation
- American Institute of Graphic Arts
- Kappa Pi International Honorary Art Fraternity
- National Honors Society
- 2014 DATA Awards Poster Contest Finalist
- Marietta College Annual Juried Student Exhibition in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Twenty One Pieces Accepted
- Freshman Circle of Excellence Award of 2009
- President’s Choice Award of 2011
- Student Curators’ Choice Award of 2012
- President’s Choice Award of 2012
- Dean’s Highest Honors List from 2008 – 2012
- Belle Vernon Area High School Valedictorian